The importance of compressed air as a provider of energy for modern industrial processes is widely known. What is often overlooked is the need to provide quality treatment for this air. In fact, the air entering the system contains moisture which, when cooled, will turn into water, causing extensive damage not only to the compressed air network, but also to the finished product.
These costly contamination problems can be avoided by installing a PRD Series non-cycling refrigerated dryer (ranging from 10 - 175 scfm) package complete with Parker high efficiency filtration.
Parker’s revolutionary 3-in-1 heat exchanger (PRD10 - PRD175) features a 3-in-1 aluminium design with integral air connections. All models include an air-to-air freecooler, while the unique “slowflow” demister ensures perfect dewpoints whatever the operating conditions.
Compressed air purification equipment must deliver uncompromising performance and reliability while providing the right balance of air quality with the lowest cost of operation.
Features/Benefits of Models PRD10 - PRD175
• “Plug and Play” design for easy installation
• Robust timed solenoid drain equals improved reliability (PRD15 - PRD175)
• Unique 3-in-1 heat exchanger
• Oversized demister separator resulting in excellent liquid removal overall operating conditions
• Oversized condenser to operate in ambients to 122°F (50°C)
• Fan cycling ensures stable operation
• All models incorporate a dewpoint indicator
• Extremely compact footprint
• Low pressure differential across dryer (1.45 psi average)
• CETLU listed complete unit
• CRN registered all provinces
• Dryers manufactured in facility certified to ISO9001 and ISO14001
The PRD Series are designed to significantly reduce the operational costs of the compressor by minimizing pressure loss.
Electricity required by the compressor to compensate for pressure drops in the air dryer accounts for around 25% of its total cost over 5 years. Parker's PRD Series offers average pressure drops which are about one half those of conventional systems.
Reduced CO2 Emissions
Many countries worldwide are looking closely at their manufacturing industries in an effort to reduce the amount of harmful greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere. The use of electricity has a direct impact on the generation and release of CO2. By significantly reducing the energy consumption of its products, Parker Airtek can help you reduce your carbon footprint and protect the environment.
Montreal Protocol compliant R134a (PRD Series) refrigerants allow for zero ozone depletion, low global warming potential and low refrigerant charge.