The Vertical Pressure Leaf Diatomaceous Earth Filter Unit is self-contained and equipped with all necessary auxiliaries to perform effective filtration results. The large filtration area of the VPL/DE filter unit makes it possible to successfully filter fluids with a high dirt load even at a high flow rate. The unit has a long filtration cycle end provides the lowest possible NTU output. Cleaning the filter elements can be done without opening the filter vessel. This makes cake discharge efficient, quick, clean and environmental friendly. The system saves up to 90% down time compared to conventional VPL systems and filter presses.
• Innovated wash down system, time saving and minimizing downtime (<10 min).
• Pneumatic/hydraulic driven cake wash down mechanism for uninterrupted and reliable cake washing.
• Efficient, quick, clean and environmental friendly cake discharge through closed system.
• Filter leaves in SS316L with updated polypropylene filter cloth design. Filter cloth with velcro for easy replacement.
• Safety railing, ladder and service platform.
• Designed for offshore duty.
• All major connections on one side.
• Compact design in one frame.
• All connections SS316L with o-ring for easy and 100% leak-proof sealing.
• Certified hoisting slings lifting lugs and forklift pockets.
• Work over fluids
• Completion fluids
• Gravel Pack
• Waste water
• Sea Water
• Combination skid with cartridge filter unit.
• Double execution for continuous filtration.
• Other vessel/frame dimensions.
• Non-pneumatic operated design.
• Other design codes (ASME).
• Diesel driven pump on frame.
• Other connections.
9.2 ft -11.5 ft / 2,8 m - 3,5 m
7.2 ft - 7.9 ft / 2,2 m- 2,4 m
9.7 ft / 2,95 m
9040 lb-10400 lb / 4100 kg - 4700 kg
2 x 5 BBL / 2 x 0.8 m3
43.3" - 63"/ 1100 mm- 1600 mm
Volume mixing vessel 2 x 5BBL / 2 x 0,8 m3
Central pneumatic control panel; all main valves are operated by pneumatic actuators.
In/Outlet pressure gauge.
Pressure relief valve.
Air operated diaphragm pump for precoating and bodyfeed.
4"- 6"BFV air operated from control board
Materials of Construction
Frame: Carbon Steel (Powder Coated RAL 5015 others on request)
Maximum Operating Pressure (psi)
101.5 psi (7 bar)
Maximum Working Temperature (F)
Maximum Flow Rate
12 bbl/min - 20 bbl/min / (115 m3/hr - 200 m3/hr)