The Parker turbo screen is designed to easily and economically replace the existing perforated plate screen section in the exhaust manifold of engines.
A turbo exhaust manifold is a chamber into which the exhaust from each of the multiple cylinders is collected. The exhaust gases are directed out through the turbo screen, and out ultimately through an exhaust stack. The Parker turbo screen plays an important role in the exhaust manifold process. It is located towards the end of the exhaust process, preventing major environmental and safety issues from happening.
• Concave design for better impact resistance
• Turbo screen shape allows for better thermal expansion
• Curved surface allows excellent thermal cycling properties and higher open area without compromising turbo protection
• 10% more opening area to allow for a lower pressure drop (5” H2O less at 20,000 cfm)
• Traditionally pressure drop reduction translate to a fuel consumption savings
EMD Turbo Engine (645 & 710)
Starburst or concave Design
Railroad, Marine and Industrial