Racor AFM Series Marine Air Filters/Silencers remove contaminants introduced into the air from both inside and outside the vessel, including sand, salt, and carpet fibers. Trapping these contaminants in oil-impregnated filter media ensures that clean, purified air is delivered into the engine, leading to improved performance, increased fuel economy, and reduced downtime.
As an added benefit, the unique design of the air filter/silencer housing reduces turbo noise by up to 10 db. It features an integral hose connection that routes clean blow-by into the engine, making it ideally suited for use in closed crankcase ventilation (CCV) filtration systems.
For more information on Racor Marine Air Filters/Silencers, consult literature in the Product Support tab.
How they work:
Air flows through the corrosion-resistant housing into the filter element by way of multiple side openings. The filter element media is oil-impregnated cotton gauze packed between pleated, epoxy-coated aluminum wire-mesh, all held in place with polyurethane adhesive. The element is cleanable using the Racor AFM82006 Cleaning Kit, and must be oiled before using or re-use.
For connection to a CCV (not included), each AFM Series Filter/Silencer has a barbed outlet connection. The CCV outlet is connected to the engine's combustion air inlet via an air intake connector, where the filtered blow-by gas is recycled through the combustion process. Oil collected in the CCV Sump is returned to the crankcase through a hose and a drain check valve.
Notes on sizing and use:
• Measure engine room mounting area dimensions to verify the chosen air filter has clearance
• An air hose connection fitting and clamps are required to connect to the turbocharger inlet (see 7609 “Accessories for Engine Air Intake Systems” on “Product Support” tab.)
• Choose Air Filter/Silencer model according to cubic feet per minute air flow required.
• It is recommended that users select the largest possible Air Filter/Silencer that will fit given the amount of allowable space on the vessel.
• Ensures delivery of clean, purified air into the engine. This allows the engine to breathe easier, resulting in increased power, torque, and fuel economy.
• Reduces downtime, prolongs engine, filter, and turbocharger life
• Reduces turbo noise by up to 10 db
• Can integrate with Racor Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) systems
• No tools needed for servicing
• Compact, high air flow, low pressure differential designs
• Cleanable air filter (with AFM82006 Cleaning Kit)
Engine Air Filtration
Maximum Flow Rate (m3/min)
Up to 54
Maximum Flow Rate (cfm)
800 to 2000 depending on product selected
Maximum Flow Rate (m3/m)
23 to 57 depending on product selected
Outlet Size (inch)
4, 5, 6, or 7 depending on product selected
Outlet Size (cm)
10.2, 12.7, 15.2 or 17.9 depending on product selected
4.2 to 8.0 depending on product selected
1.9 to 3.6 depending on product selected
9.6 to 13.5 depending on product selected
24.4 to 34.3 depending on product selected
Connection Size (inch)
1.0 or 1.3 O.D. hose barb for CCV depending on product selected
Connection Size (cm)
2.5 or 3.3 O.D. hose barb for CCV depending on product selected
Operating Temperature (F)
-40 to +120
Operating Temperature (C)
-40 to +116
AFM8040, AFM8050, AFM8060, AFM8070 depending on product selected
Crank Case Ventilator CCV4500 , CCV6000, V8000, CCV12000 depending on product selected
Cleaning Kit AFM82006