The world's first real-time alarm system for engine liner wear. LinerSCAN marks a new era in asset protection, providing early warning against critical engine damage whilst providing the information needed to save on lube oil costs.
Parker Kittiwake's LinerScan system is designed to remove the uncertainty on cylinder damage resulting from low fuel quality, slow steaming, low sulphur levels, lower oil feed rates and cylinder oil formulation changes.
Why is it becoming increasingly important to monitor wear?
• Financial savings
• Optimize feed rates
• Highlight problems with low sulphur fuel
• Aid in preventative maintenance
• Increase lifetime of your cylinder liners
• Prevent engine damage and down time
LinerSCAN provides highly accurate feedback about the wear condition in your engine. Trials have shown that LinerSCAN highlights the first signs of damage earlier than other systems and enables safe reduction of lubricant feed rate. If the wear rate increases during normal conditions the system will generate an alarm which, when connected to the ships alarm, provides instant feedback allowing for immediate action. This allows for preventative maintenance during the ships passage to the next port, or even a route change. LinerSCAN is a fully automated system and can help save money by optimizing the lubricant feed rate, reducing your maintenance loads and by helping you prevent unnecessary engine damage.
• Provides accurate and actionable data on your engine wear levels
• Enables safe reduction of cylinder oil feed rates
• Dramatically reduces engine damage by spotting the first signs of scuffing or piston ring damage
• Highlights the issues caused by fuel problems
• Allows an informed running-in process
• Runs fully automated – with no human interference
• Provides savings immediately after installation
• Simple installation for both new and retrofit
• Highly capable communications enable the system to link with ship management systems.
• Bespoke user-friendly software interface for data evaluation onboard or in the office.
• LinerSCAN takes the use of oil analysis data a stage further than is possible with laboratory or test kit results
• Reliable and robust – Once installed, the the system requires minimal intervention
• Compact units require little space per cylinder
• LinerSCAN utilises patented ANALEX technology from Parker Kittiwake
Maximum Pressure (barg)
Maximum Pressure (psi)