Crankcase blow-by is produced when combustion gases under high pressure are blown past the piston rings into the crankcase. Laden with oil, these gases must be allowed to exit the engine to prevent pressure build-up and seal failure. Blow-by oil mist can also coat engine after-coolers and turbochargers, which reduces cooling capacity and engine efficiency.
In recent years, the control of diesel engine blow-by has become increasingly important, as regulating agencies worldwide have progressively pushed for reduction of NOX and hydrocarbon emissions. By enforcing emissions targets, legislators have forced engine and vehicle manufacturers to search for new and innovative ways to control blow-by venting and minimize impact on human and environmental health.
The Racor Si3 Series Super Impactor is an ultra-high performance closed crankcase ventilation (CCV) separator designed to eliminate environmental pollution from crankcase emissions, allowing open and closed CCV systems to operate at >95% efficiency.
The Si3 is smaller, lighter, and more economical than its closest rival. It has been validated on current and future Euro- / EPA-compliant engines and demonstrates extremely precise crankcase pressure regulation control across all engine conditions and turbo depressions.
How it works:
CCV systems operate by filtering contaminants and coalescing oil mist from crankcase gases. The crankcase breather hose is connected to the 26mm inlet hose barb of the CCV assembly. The connection at the engine can be positioned at the valve cover or crankcase. Filtered air from the crankcase filter assembly is plumbed to the air intake system between the air filter and turbocharger. Coalesced oil drains from the filter to an external drain hose. A check valve holds oil in the hose until it is released to the oil pan via a hose connection.
The Racor crankcase ventilation system is service free which means reduced maintenance costs for the end user.
• Power Generation
• Oil and Gas
• On- or Off-highway
• Diesel Engines
• Prevents fouling of critical engine components, such as turbochargers and after-coolers by removing oil contamination from engine bypass gases.
• Eliminates crankcase emissions and provide a cleaner engine environment
• Reduces operating costs and improves safety in enclosed areas, where oil-laden gas from engines can coat and damage surrounding equipment, resulting in hazardous conditions and the need for costly maintenance.
• Reduces oil consumption by separating the oil from crankcase gases and returning it to the sump. .
• Oil drain to engine sump with inline check valve
• Modular bracket mountings to suit every application
• Outlet to air intake
• Integrated upstream patented pressure regulator
• Turbo boost air inlet
Removing oil from diesel engine blow-by gases
Flexible inlet and oultet spigot mounting
Engineered high temperature glass filled nylon
Closed Crankcase Venilator